We're a leading HR consultancy specialising in the field of human performance. Our team of experts have an outstanding track record of achievement in the areas of business, psychology and elite sport. Based in the UK, we work globally with a wide range of organisations, teams and individuals to reach their potential and build sustainable competitive advantage.
There are three broad areas in which we specialise:
- Talent Management and Assessment,
- Leadership and Team Development,
- Employee Engagement and Communications.
We’re here to make a difference to organisational performance and people’s working lives, manage talent and develop leadership in your business and help to change the way you think.
A name for success
Our journey began on 19th September 1988, when British Swimmer, Adrian Moorhouse lined up for the final of the 100 meters breaststroke at the Seoul Olympic Games. Having qualified in the fastest time, Adrian was in lane 4, traditionally set aside for the fastest heat winner, which gave him a small but potentially crucial advantage over his competitors.
Adrian came home with the Gold medal. And although he didn't realise it at the time, with the perfect name for the business he would co-found just a few years later, with leading performance psychologist Professor Graham Jones and business executive Adrian Hutchinson.
Lane4 exists to help organisations develop the people skills necessary to become winning organisations in their particular marketplace or sector. Through stretching and supportive performance development, we are about making working lives better for people so that they thrive in demanding, competitive business environments.
Now with over 100 employees and over 200 people in our associate network, we continue to follow our founding principles and have experts in the three interlocking areas of business, psychology and elite sport.
We’re proud to have won awards for both our client work and as an employer of choice.
Some of our internal awards:
Ranked in The Sunday Times Top 100 ‘Best Small Companies to Work for the 11th successive year
Won The Managing Partners' Forum (MPF), Best Change Management Programme, 2015
Won The Managing Partner's Forum (MPF), Best Managed Workplace, 2016
- Investors in People Awards, Winner of ‘Excellence in Leadership and Management’ for our work with Bristan, 2015
- CIPD People Management Awards, Winner of 'Best HR/L&D Supplier' for our work with Jaguar Land Rover, 2014
- The Brandon Hall Excellence Awards, Silver winner of 'Best learning programme to support a change transformation business strategy' for our work with Argos, 2014
- The Brandon Hall Excellence Awards, Gold winner of “Best Results of a Learning Programme” for our work with NFU Mutual, 2015
- The Brandon Hall Excellence Awards, Bronze winner of “Best Results of a Learning Programme” for our work with Jaguar Land Rover, 2015
- The Brandon Hall Excellence Awards, Gold winner of “Best Use of Video for Learning” for our work with Pearson, 2016
- The Brandon Hall Excellence Awards, Bronze winner of “Best Unique or Innovative Learning and Development Program” for our work with Pearson, 2016
- The Training Journal Awards, shortlisted for “Best Leadership Development Programme” for our work with Brakes, 2016
- The Training Journal Awards, shortlisted for “Best Training Partnership” for our work with Twinings, 2016