This article on the Olympic Games includes:
• Findings from Lane4’s research into the success of Team GB at the London 2012 Olympics.
• Five practical implications for HR and business leaders to build effective leadership.
The Olympic Games represents one of the greatest tests of performance – not only for athletes, but also for the leaders tasked with steering them to victory.
With the support of the British Olympic Association, Lane4 invited Team GB leaders to share their experiences in the final run up to the 2012 Olympic Games and their key learnings following the event. This was in the search for what truly made Team GB a high performing team.
The current article outlines the key findings which emerged, alongside their practical implications for HR and business leaders. The findings emphasise the importance of effective leadership, talent management and personal resilience amongst other things.
By reading Lessons from the Games, you will:
• Learn about the key success factors for Team GB.
• Learn about the talent management strategy of Team GB.
• Learn how Team GB became a high performing team.
• Understand how these findings can be translated from a sport to a business setting.