This white paper presents the five essentials of effective leadership transitions. It describes:
• The importance of identity during leadership transitions.
• The role of personal resilience during transitions.
• How being connected can facilitate leadership transitions.
• Why self-awareness is a critical skill for leadership talent.
• The importance of leaders and organisations supporting their leaders.
Poorly handled leadership transitions can impact motivation, engagement and ultimately an employee’s decision to stay in a business. Given that retaining leadership talent is one of the greatest issues facing organisations today, few organisations can overlook the cost of ignoring the challenges of the leadership transition process or the benefits of getting it right.
Lane4 held a roundtable discussion with senior HR executives to better understand leadership transitions. We analysed the conversations and in this whitepaper we discuss the results and implications for talent management and leadership transitions.
(Not) Lost in Transition, will help you to:
• Understand the five essentials of effective leadership transitions.
• Shape talent management practices to support transitioning employees.
• Improve your own ability to transition up the career ladder.
• Decrease the chances of leaders derailing in your organisation.
• Shape leadership training to help leaders to develop their authenticity.