Where has your passion for performance come from?
I’m curious about people and their relationship with work. I love solving problems and have found over the years that setting meaningful goals and questioning my own self-limiting beliefs is the key to a satisfying and rewarding working life. I love helping people with this.
What gives organisations the winning edge?
During my time as a broadcaster I could tell the performance of a radio station by the level of ‘buzz’ I felt when I walked into the back office. A good feeling like this usually meant talented people in the right roles: they had the support, resources, challenge and freedom they needed to excel. Innovation, creativity and authenticity in the on-air teams was encouraged and rewarded as the leadership knew this meant a competitive advantage – it got bigger audiences to listen longer.
- A highly rewarding commercial radio career at numerous stations including Capital FM London, receiving two Gold ‘Sony Awards’ in the process
- Operational HR consulting experience with Jaguar Land Rover working with blue collar and professional customer groups in a unionised environment
- MSc in Occupational Psychology, CIPD Associate Member
- Transitioned from ‘radio talent’ coach into a freelance coach from graduate to executive level
- Facilitation and soft skills design and delivery experience which includes the use of live action drama for real-life classroom simulations
- 4 years stand-up comedy experience in performing at venues across UK