Where has your passion for performance come from?
I’ve always been inspired by people who demonstrate a learning mindset and eagerness to develop and perform at the highest level. Coaching aspiring footballers in the UK, Europe and the Americas, has shown me that psychological capabilities often play a greater role than technical and physical skills in our pursuit of high performance. I believe the same is true in any performance domain.
What gives organisations the winning edge?
Theodore Roosevelt and others have been attributed to saying “People don’t care about what you know until they know how much you care.” For me, winning organisations have leaders and teammates who inspire and empower you with a compelling vision for tomorrow while caring about how it feels for you today. This takes a unique set of skills, which are often under-valued and under-developed.
- BA (hons) Coaching Performance from University of Central Lancashire
- Coached football in UK, Europe, Americas
- Co-founded charitable initiative in 2009 to help alleviate poverty in areas of the Middle East and engage young people in sports
- Coaching accreditation, Lane4 and Middlesex 2015
- Insights Discovery accreditation, Insights 2016