Where has your passion for performance come from?
Getting close to the drama associated with high level sport and the fine margins that separate euphoria from utter desolation. Pursuit of excellence requires an uncompromising attitude, which is always impressive to behold. The thing that I find most stimulating is the fact that elite performers lay themselves bare to the potential pain of defeat/rejection but still take the challenge on.
What gives organisations the winning edge?
Work plays a powerful role in how people understand their lives, the world around them, and the unique niche they fill. Organisations that generate a sense of meaning at work can steal a competitive edge because it will draw out the best from people.
- Ph.D. in Performance Psychology, Loughborough University
- Lectured at Loughborough in Sport Psychology
- Psychologist to the England Rugby Union team ('94-'97), assisting with their preparation for the 1995 World Cup in South Africa
- Co-founder of Lane4, now responsible for consultant delivery and products remaining cutting edge
- Published extensively on competitive stress, mental preparation for performance and group cohesion
- Accredited sport psychologist with the British Olympic Association
- Mentor to Head Coaches involved in London 2012
- Competes as an age-group international triathlete