Where has your passion for performance come from?
My Dad competed at the World Rowing Championships the year before I was born and was still rowing at a high level when I was young. My experiences of watching him compete were definitely a catalyst. Subsequently, it was through my own rowing career where my experiences of performance at an individual and team level, within a wider elite environment, developed my core beliefs around performance.
What gives organisations the winning edge?
The CEO of one of our clients once used a great phrase - "be confident and paranoid at the same time" – and I think this is true of winning organisations. The ability to be confident through knowing and executing what it does well, yet remaining adaptable and demonstrating the ability to ‘change before it has to’. Of course a myriad of things underpin the ability to do this but at its heart I think leadership capability is fundamental.
- 11 years’ consulting experience across a breadth of sectors and seniorities (senior leadership teams through to high potential graduates)
- Programme lead for a global manager development pilot, which subsequently won two international awards from Brandon Hall: Gold for Best Use of Video and Bronze for Innovative Learning & Development Programme in 2015
- Level A and B Certified in Psychometric Testing
- Graduate of the EMCC Accredited Coaching programme
- 3 years’ industry experience within a subsidiary of Siemens Financial Services
- Postgraduate Diploma in Change Management
- Represented England in Rowing, winning Gold at the Commonwealth Regatta (2002)