Where has your passion for performance come from?
My passion for performance comes from working for many years in large corporate organisations, seeing and experiencing very good and very bad examples of managers’ influence on the performance of others. Enabling others to give their best at work and to fulfil their potential should be the number one concern for those of us who lead people. Former tennis champion Jimmy Connors said that his work coaching the tennis talent of the future was by far the most satisfying of his career.
What gives organisations the winning edge?
Most people want to succeed at work. Organisations that harness this positive intent do so by making it easy for people to do their best work. A clear strategic direction helps people know what decisions to make, a culture of genuine empowerment allows them to exercise their own best judgement and regular appreciative feedback affirms strengths and gives them confidence to act.
- 18 years in HR and Learning and Development roles in the financial services sector including Head of Corporate Training for Abbey National
- 9 years in company specialist in talent assessment and executive selection
- Became a fulltime consultant in 1996 working for specialist consultancies
- Areas of expertise Leadership Development and Organisational Change
- Fellow of Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
- Qualified Executive Coach (Strathclyde University)