Where has your passion for performance come from?
From a young age I competed internationally at archery. I was extremely competitive and quickly realised that repetitive training sessions would only take my abilities so far. We immersed ourselves in cognitive, nutrition and physical conditioning which quickly increased our competitive abilities. These were lessons I continued into the armed forces. I would often be teaching subjects that would have devastating and often fatal consequences if training and procedures were not followed.
What gives organisations the winning edge?
People working together as one team. A clear strategy that allows the team to see and understand the part they play. Values of the organisation should be practiced rather than simply distributed with a culture that embraces innovation and is quick to react to any situation.
- Represented Northern Ireland Junior archery team from the ages of 12-18 and the senior team at 14
- Chosen to Captain the Great Britain Invictus archery team in 2014 winning a Gold and Silver
- Awarded the Conspicuous Gallantry Cross (Britain’s second highest award for gallantry) for actions in Afghanistan
- Northern Ireland Institute of Coaching
- Certificate in teaching in the lifelong learning sector (CTTLS)