Where has your passion for performance come from?
My passion for performance has come from my background as an athlete, having represented England and Great Britain, my time as a physiologist in the Australian Institute of Sport system and as Talent & Development Manager with the Great Britain Cycling Team. As a result of these experiences I am passionate about challenging boundaries, looking for ways to produce marginal gains in performance and the notion that everyone has a part to play in this.
What gives organisations the winning edge?
The ability to take time to reflect, and to constantly challenge yourself and each other. On my first day at British Cycling I was given two "nuggets of wisdom" by David Brailsford: to never stop asking questions, and to ensure that when I took an athlete to a start line to know that there was nothing else that they or I could possibly have done to make the outcome be any better. This advice can be applied to create a winning edge in any organisation.
- Joined Lane4 in July 2014
- 10 years of experience in elite sport with the Australian Institute of Sport, UK Sport, LOCOG, GB Cycling team
- BSc and MSc in Sport Science, Bath University and St. Mary's University
- Cycling and Hockey coach
- Qualified Sport & Remedial Massage Therapist working with elite teams
- Training for the London Marathon