Where has your passion for performance come from?
First-hand experience of seeing how an individuals and whole teams performance can turn around through effective management and great leadership. I once took over a previously under-performing team that went on to absolutely smash all its targets for a peak trading period and almost all of the strategies we employed to make this happen came collectively from the team themselves. Helping people to see that they can really excel in what they do is a hugely rewarding part of my job.
What gives organisations the winning edge?
I feel that building trust between managers and their teams can be a big factor in developing a winning edge. If team members feel trusted and are given the opportunity to grow in their role they can take responsibility for driving their performance. Combine this with a supportive and challenging environment, where clear communication and feedback are an effective part of how the team operates, then there may be no limit to what can be achieved.
- Joined Lane4 as Senior Consultant in 2015
- 5 years experience in retail and operations management
- Human resources and Training Manager at Pizza Hut for 3 years
- Custodian and developer of national training programme for over 18,000 employees at Pizza Hut
- B.Ed (Hons) English Literature, King Alfred’s College, Winchester
- Training and Development Manager for 3 years at Dixons Stores Group
- Progressed to Change and Communications Manager at Dixons Stores Group
- Developed and managed a programme deployment strategy to enable sustainable change at Dixons Stores Group