Lane4 isn’t an ordinary organisation. We aspire to extraordinary things and help people to deliver exceptional results. And, although we’re focussed on pursuing excellence, we believe that talent is everywhere and that, with the right mindset and tools, anybody can achieve exceptional performance.
Our culture embraces diverse opinion and constant curiosity. Whether it’s with our clients or colleagues across the world, it’s our rigorous insight, skilled team and humble confidence that help people to think, learn and develop.
We care about the science and emotion of performance and work with our clients in three areas of specialism:
- People Change and Transformation
- Leadership, Team and Talent Development
- Management Skills Training
A name for success
Our journey began on 19th September 1988, when British Swimmer, Adrian Moorhouse lined up for the final of the 100 meters breaststroke at the Seoul Olympic Games. Having qualified in the fastest time, Adrian was in lane 4, traditionally set aside for the fastest heat winner, which gave him a small but potentially crucial advantage over his competitors.
Adrian came home with the Gold medal. And although he didn't realise it at the time, with the perfect name for the business he would co-found just a few years later, with leading performance psychologist Professor Graham Jones and business executive Adrian Hutchinson.
Our purpose to build winning organisations and improve people’s working lives keeps us motivated every day.
You can see more about our approach to working with you here.
We’re proud to have won awards for both our client work and as an employer of choice.
Some of our internal awards:
Ranked in The Sunday Times Top 100 ‘Best Small Companies to Work for the 12th successive year
Won The Managing Partners' Forum (MPF), Best Change Management Programme, 2015
Won The Managing Partner's Forum (MPF), Best Managed Workplace, 2016
Named by the Financial Times as one of the UK’s Leading Management Consultancies, 2018
- Named by the London Stock Exchange Group as one of the 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain, 2018
- The Brandon Hall Excellence Awards, Gold Winner for ‘Best Learning programme supporting a change transformation’ for our work with Wates Group, 2018
- The CIPD People Management Awards, Finalist of ‘Best L&D Initiative’ for our work with Mott MacDonald, 2018
- Personnel Today Awards, Finalist for ‘Excellence in Learning & Development’ for our work with Virgin Trains, 2018
- CN Talent Awards, Finalist in ‘Excellence in Learning & Development’ for our work with Wates Group, 2018
- Personnel Today Award, Winner of "Award for excellence in learning and development" for our work with Anglian Water, 2017
- The Training Journal Awards, Bronze winner of "Best Leadership Development" for our work with HomeServe, 2017
- The Brandon Hall Excellence Awards, Gold winner of "Best Advance in High Potential Development" for our work with Jaguar Land Rover, 2017
- CIPD People Management Awards, Finalist of "Best HR/L&D Supplier" for our work with NFU Mutual, 2017
- CIPD People Management Awards, Finalist of "Best L&D Initiative" for our work with HomeServe, 2017
- Utility Week Awards, Finalist of "Staff Development Award" for our work with Anglian Water, 2017
- The Brandon Hall Excellence Awards, Gold winner of “Best Use of Video for Learning” for our work with Pearson, 2016
- The Brandon Hall Excellence Awards, Bronze winner of “Best Unique or Innovative Learning and Development Program” for our work with Pearson, 2016
- The Training Journal Awards, shortlisted for “Best Leadership Development Programme” for our work with Brakes, 2016
- The Training Journal Awards, shortlisted for “Best Training Partnership” for our work with Twinings, 2016
- CIPD People Management Awards, Winner of 'Best HR/L&D Supplier' for our work with Jaguar Land Rover, 2014