Business Development Consultant
We are looking for an energetic and resourceful individual, to work as part of our Leadership and Team Sales team as a Business Development Consultant.
- Leadership & Team Sales team
- Full Time, Permanent Role
- Flexible working opportunities available
Are you a tenacious self-starter with a consultative selling approach who is looking to build on previous sales successes and stretch your skills even further?
At Lane4, we believe people are capable of amazing things. That they have the ability to be even better than they were yesterday. To be a game changer. Lane4 exists to help unlock that potential. Quite simply, we exist to change lives.
Your challenge is…
To support in driving new and existing account growth within the Leadership and Team proposition. Working with the Head of Sales and Marketing, this individual will help identify and manage new customer journeys from initial lead generation through to nurturing relationships, conversion of sale and new client on-boarding. You will win new business through exceptional bid writing and relationship-building experience. You will need to work accurately, at a fast pace with energy, enthusiasm and passion.
In this role, you will…
Develop a pipeline of sales opportunities for Lane4. Our approach to business development is underpinned by a focus on the client, where building strong relationships and focusing on world-class delivery of every element of the sales cycle is key to success.
Working with the Sales Lead and the Marketing Business Partner you will help identify and manage all new customer journeys from initial lead generation through to nurturing relationships, conversion of sale and new client on-boarding. You will be responsible for writing succinct and engaging proposals and pitch documents that articulate how we solve customers’ challenges and you will have involvement in the all-important pitch process.
You will also manage the pipeline of sales opportunities, and proactively develop a network of senior influencers and buyers and translate this into significant revenue wins.
Working under pressure and to tight deadlines, the ability to multitask and manage projects is key to keep on top of all opportunities at various stages within the sales cycle.
Representing Lane4 in initial sales meetings with clients you will also establish great stakeholder relationships, both internally and externally.
This role requires a consultative seller, not someone who purely relies on cold calling, although there is a place for this.
Requirements and benefits
To be successful in this role, you will have…
- Previous Business Development or Account Management experience, specifically in consultative selling in a B2B environment.
- Your writing skills will be exceptional, and you will have a knack for writing persuasive customer proposals.
- You’ll have experience of listening to the needs of a client and matching them with appropriate business solutions.
- You’ll be a great team player and will demonstrate Lane4 values in everything you do.
- You will have experience of working with six figure accounts and be used to thriving in an ever-evolving environment that responds to the changing needs of customers.
So, what’s in it for you?
To work in a values-led, award-winning Management Consultancy. You’ll get to work with inspiring people in a collaborative culture, as well as amazing benefits, to name a few:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 2 Corporate Social Responsibility days
- 10 development days per year
- Private Medical Insurance with BUPA
- Flexi benefits to opt in at your choice up to a value of 0.5% of your salary (e.g. health cash plan, dental, Gym Memberships etc)
- Life cover and income protection
- 4% matched pension contribution