The success of the Boost programme contributed to year-on-year admissions, income and gross profit improving. Based on comparisons with clubs yet to undergo Boost, the programme has delivered an estimated 302% ROI in its first year.
Boost has also significantly improved the culture of Buzz. There is more collaboration within the clubs and throughout the business as employees have a common language, which managers can use to get the best contribution from everyone.
- 78% of employees believe that Boost has led to a mindset change, giving Buzz Bingo employees the self-belief to suggest initiatives and take action.
- “Boost gives our employees confidence to broadcast new ideas and also gives them a greater understanding of the business and how they can help”
- “Our culture is changing to coaching and feedback rather than tell, and it’s extremely refreshing.” – Delegate feedback
The programme has given employees a voice and given them the opportunity to create solutions and define goals.
- 70% of the coaches believe having a balanced scorecard has allowed Buzz’s employees to stretch their targets and performance goals. It has also led to the highest retention of staff for 5 years.
- “Boost has encouraged our staff to achieve and hit targets and have a better understanding of the business.”
- “Our regional meetings have completely changed. Each General Manager brings ideas that they’ve implemented within their clubs and shares them with the group. By the end of the session you’ve got about 20 different ideas you can cherry pick from and take back to your club and team.”
Boost has empowered employees to take responsibility for their clubs and allowed them to set their own goals for the clubs. This meant that the management had to firefight less and had more time to focus on growing the business.
- 90% of the coaches believe that Boost is driving additional profit because employees are more engaged.
- “Boost has given my team the empowerment to drive incremental income through new initiatives. This is due to individual teams taking ownership of areas within the business.”