In 2013, the organisation recognised that managers across the business needed more support to deliver inspirational leadership, operate with a global mind-set and create sustainable growth. Whilst at the same time, they identified ‘professional growth’ as a core element of their employee engagement strategy. A survey carried out showed that managers wanted the ability to personalise their learning journey with a modular programme where they could select discrete areas for their own development. They wanted interventions which were shorter, more focused and a better match to their specific needs.
Lane4 and Jaguar Land Rover focused on 3 key areas: what interventions were required to deliver the skills needed, identify the gaps in the current programme and how the learning objectives of each intervention could align to the Jaguar Land Rover business strategy.
The programme now encompasses 50 courses which are aimed at multiple levels of management within the organisation. It covers a wide spectrum of skills areas from soft skills such as Emotional Intelligence through to harder skills like Commercial Acumen or Financial Management.
The emphasis for all courses is to have innovative and engaging methods of delivery, allowing people to learn by doing. Live training events (1 or 2-day courses) are fast paced, energetic and dynamic, designed to re-create situations managers find themselves in on a daily basis. This includes simulations, role play scenarios with actors as well as self-study toolkits including video content.
- Over 15,000 delegates attended a course in 2014/2015
- 94% of delegates reporting that they have achieved their personal development objectives and are more effective in their role (highest score ever for a Jaguar Land Rover course)
- Employee engagement results have improved in every measure in the last 18 months
- Significant improvement (10 percentage point) in perception of employees that there are more development opportunities available to them and that they feel that they are getting the training they need
The programme has been recognised in 2 leading industry awards. In 2014, Lane4 were awarded CIPD HR Supplier of the Year specifically for this work and in 2015 the programme was awarded a Bronze Brandon Hall HR Excellence Award in the ‘Best Results of a Learning Programme’ category.
- 94% of delegates reporting that they have achieved their personal development objectives and are more effective in their role (highest score ever for a Jaguar Land Rover course).
- 10 percentage point improvement in perception of employees that there are more development opportunities available to them and that they feel that they are getting the training they need.