This article on personal resilience includes:
• Research findings highlighting how stressful events can in fact provide long term benefits.
• An outline of the strategies which can help people to transform adversity into opportunity.
• Examples of the importance of personal resilience in the world of sport and their implications for business.
All of us, no matter how successful in our field, will face adversity at some point in our career. Although often unavoidable, the way that we face and respond to such situations can mean the difference between succumbing to, handling pressure or even thriving on it.
At Lane4, we firmly believe that pressure can stimulate and drive performance. It is when we are unable to cope with excessive pressure that it becomes stress, causing a negative impact on our performance, our relationships and, in the long term, our health. The secret to success lies in learning how to harness pressure and use it to your advantage. Indeed, it’s about more than handling pressure, since pressure and adversity can bring with it any number of benefits which can help leaders to thrive.
Thriving in the Face of Adversity can help you to:
• Understand how Andy Murray has improved his personal resilience.
• Shape your own, or others’ resilience training.
• Facilitate the process of developing resilience in your people.
To view this content, please fill in your details below