Q&A with Mark Wheatley
1. What motivates you?
Having a job which revolves around making a difference
2. How do you handle pressure?
Recognise those things that you cannot control, and don’t worry about them
3. What will change most about the world of work in the next few years?
The need for people to be able to adapt and change how they see themselves at work
4. What’s your defining career moment so far?
Leading a team for the designing and delivering of the Jaguar Land Rover skills academy.
5. What book, film or tv show has really changed the way you thought about something?
The film Crash (2004) about perceptions and bias’s
6. What’s your favourite sport to business lesson or story?
Deliberate practice under pressure
7. What makes you proud?
Working with great clients who value the work that Lane4 does
8. What makes you angry?
Waste (in all forms) and Litter
9. Which leader do you most admire most and why?
Steve Jobs - for not giving up and being willing to ‘fail’
10. What are your best and worst characteristics?
Innovation and creativity. I think they’re both my best and worst characteristics – being able to recognise when the innovation should stop.
11. What would you like to learn and why?
How to fly a helicopter so that travelling to remote hilltops for walks would avoid motorways!
12. If you could choose anybody, who would you be for a day?
13. Who would you like to invite for a dinner party, living or dead?
14. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
Trust your instinct
15. What would your motto be (if you haven’t already got one)?
Yes you can
16. What personal value would you never compromise?