Where has your passion for performance come from?
I've had the privilege through my life as a sports psych, in HR, a parent and a friend, to walk alongside many people as they strive to be the best they can. They always remind me of Marianne Williams misquoted statement: "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?"
What gives organisations the winning edge?
People. It doesn't matter whether we focus on the organisational strategy, the leadership of the organisation, the innovative new ideas, the teamwork or excelling at business as usual, they are all created by people. A winning edge comes from finding ways to help people to deliver to their potential, to learn when things go wrong and to recognise the humanity in each and every person we interact with.
- PhD in organisational culture and relationships in elite sport, Brunel University
- Made Partner of Lane4 in 2017
- Chartered Member of the Institute of Personnel and Development
- HCPC registered and BASES accredited Sport Psychologist
- NLP Master Practitioner
- Previously working as an HR Director in financial services, retail and pharmaceutical sectors
- Over 25 years of experience working with and in blue-chip multinational organisations
- Publications in high performance sport and organisational culture