Where has your passion for performance come from?
Performance has always been at the forefront of my mind; whenever I stepped on the basketball court, judo mat and even the office, being the best was the most important thing. It’s unfeasible to be passionate about performing at everything I do, so I’ve learnt to find passion in the ‘why’. Looking at the bigger picture allows me to see the impact that even the most tedious tasks can have on people’s lives.
What gives organisations the winning edge?
What really gives organisations the winning edge is a growth mindset; the belief that you can acquire ability and intelligence purely from effort. It’s easy to see failures as mistakes, but ‘real’ winning organisations are those that see failures as opportunities for growth. I’ve failed many times over the years… and that’s why I succeed.
- BSc (hons) in Psychology from the University of Hull
- MSc (Distinction) in Occupational Psychology from the University of Hertfordshire
- TTI Success Insight’s DISC Accredited by Compass Group UK
- Level 2 Basketball coach, accredited by Basketball England
- Represented East of England in Basketball across 3 years