Where has your passion for performance come from?
Having competed in triathlons and tetrathlons from a young age, my desire to be the best athlete quickly developed. My coach exposed me to performance psychology and I quickly began to note the coach-athlete relationship was fundamental for success. I felt inspired to help others and started coaching netball and rugby to children in areas of deprivation. Watching their confidence and determination grow and attitudes change, I began to recognise the coach’s role in achieving this.
What do you think gives organisations the winning edge?
For me, it is about considering and ultimately understanding the differences between each person. What works for one might not work for the next. How you foster the engagement of a whole organisation will ensure individual adaptability and flexibility. Having this united approach to success will create a values driven, enjoyable and collaborative environment.
- Joined Lane4 in 2014 as part of the Marketing Team, before joining the Operations team as a Client Services Manager & transitioning into an Account Executive in 2016
- Previously worked with professional tennis clubs to encourage the use of Sport Psychology in young athletes
- MSc Sport & Exercise Psychology, Portsmouth University
- BSc Sport & Exercise Science, Portsmouth University
- Sport Psychology Article Writer – Believe Perform
- Worked with the military and co-wrote a published article on, Emotion Regulation Strategies Used by Military Personnel in an Extreme Environment.
- B Award netball coach and previous regional netball player for South England