Where has your passion for performance come from?
I competed in various sports from a very early which fuelled my desire to understand not only what underpins great performance, but what sets apart the best of the best. Going on to study sport and exercise psychology developed this passion and highlighted to me that the psychology of teams and individuals is what determines successful performance, not only in sport but also business. The opportunity to help organisations and teams achieve this edge is what really motivates and energises me.
What gives organisations the winning edge?
I believe the culture of an organisation is vital for sustained high performance. When people feel engaged, valued, and connected to their organisation, there is no doubt that the motivation to succeed will be sky high. Creating a ‘black box thinking’ mindset within this culture, in which mistakes are viewed as a valuable learning opportunity will ultimately drive creativity, innovation and eliminate a fear of failure.
- Joined Lane4 in January 2018 as a Junior Consultant
- BSc Psychology- Bournemouth University
- MSc Sport and Exercise Psychology- Loughborough University
- Level 1 qualified football coach
- Captained Bournemouth University Table Tennis team in BUCS championship
- Previous experience working alongside Yorkshire Sport and South West Yorkshire NHS in researching the impact of sport and exercise in the treatment of mental health conditions