Where has your passion for communications come from?
So many places that I'm not sure where to start. A love of talking, that's got to come first! More seriously, my mother is a linguist, I studied French and Welsh literature at university and always knew I would work with words. I've always been captured by a clever turn of phrase or a conversation that makes you change the way you see something. I can read a section of a favourite book relentlessly if I enjoy the way the paragraphs have formulated, wishing I'd written something like that.
How can employee communication drive real engagement?
By stopping being the function that just packages up communication and being a function that helps leaders to have meaningful conversations with people they lead. The channels are critical but they'll never replace the value of conversations between people.
- Product Director at Lane4 Group's internal communications practice, Comment8
- Strategic communicator with strong organisational change background, experienced operating at Board and senior management level across a variety of sectors with blue-chip clients
- Specialist in internal communications, employee engagement and leadership communication
- Broad communications background incorporating media & analyst relations before specialising in employee, change and leadership communication
- BA Joint Honors in French & Welsh, Cardiff University
- Trained as a broadcast journalist at Cardiff Journalism School, freelancing at BBC Wales, BBC Radio Berkshire
- Competed for Great Britain at junior and senior level over 1500m and for Wales at the 2002 and 2006 Commonwealth Games