Where has your passion for performance come from?
On various occasions when playing sports as a teenager I remember being frustrated about feeling nervous, performing inconsistently or doing illogical things when under pressure. These experiences triggered my passion for performance. From then on, I learnt about how and why our thinking can have such a big impact on performance. Luckily, in my work as a researcher, I’m able to continue to learn about performance all of the time.
What gives organisations the winning edge?
The factor that stands out for me is care. If you show people you care for them by valuing them as a person, valuing their work and providing them with opportunities to follow their interests you will be well on your way to having an organisation full of passionate and motivated people. I believe an organisation is more likely to succeed the more people they have who feel supported, passionate and motivated about what they do.
- BSc in Psychology at the University of Birmingham
- MSc in Sport and Exercise Psychology, distinction at Brunel University London
- Researched risk of injury in mixed gender football & the psychological services provided for long-term injured professional footballers at Brunel University
- Worked in Sports Development & Behavioural Support at a primary school
- Coached football at Little Kickers