Where has your passion for performance come from?
Sport has always played a huge part in my life ever since childhood, so when I chose to drop everything else and focus solely on my Rugby career, achieving my goals became something of an obsession. I thrived on the idea that my own dedication to practice, diet and performance could get me to where I wanted to be. In my professional life, that focus on high performance translates into a genuine desire to help organisation’s achieve their goals.
What gives organisations the winning edge?
I firmly believe that a strong culture – be it in sport or business – is the key to success for any team. A well articulated, inclusive and deep rooted culture can unify a team of individuals to achieve amazing results. For something so intangible, the net effect of getting it right is incredibly impressive.
- BA (Hons) Degree in Leadership and Management – Northumbria University
- Graduated from Sale Sharks Academy and made Premiership debut aged 18
- 19 caps for Scotland U20, playing in 2 Junior World Championships
- Moved to Glasgow Warriors, won the Guinness Pro 12 & Melrose 7s
- Joined Lane4 as an Account Executive in March 2017